Tuesday 11 December 2012

Using Effects 5

During the editing process I noticed that some of my shots were either too fast or too slow to appear as they were in my video, there were a couple of shots that I wanted to appear for a longer period of time in my video as the original clips were very short to begin with. Therefore I was able to change the speed or duration of my clips easily by simply right clicking on the clip I wanted to change and setting the speed to either higher or lower.
 
 
As you can see below I have changed the speed of my cip from the original 100% down to 20% because the clip was so short to begin with therefore I made it slower to give it a very slow effect and to allow the clip to appear in my video for a longer period of time.
 

 Throughout the editing process I also used tools such as the slip tool which allowed me to move my shots along the timeline by individual frames, I used this in situations where my lip sync wasnt 100% matched up correctly so by using this tool it allowed me to ensure the lip sync was in time without moving the rest of my timeline along.
 
To end my video I wanted to give it a professional and subtle ending that would clearly indicate the end of the video, therefore I decided to use a dip to black to end my video, this is a very easy and clever effect to use.
 
 
As you can see the dip to black has been added to just the end of my last clip of my video to indicate the video has finished, you can adjust how long the dip to black appears for and how much of the shot turns to black therefore I let the dip to black run past the end of my song slightly just to ensure the end of the video was as clearly indicated as possible. I think using this effect is very clever and a good way to use at the end of a project like a music video, however I dont think I would use this effect throughout a video, only at the end or maybe the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment