Tuesday 11 December 2012

Using Effects 4

The three-way colour corrector tool allows you to create different colours in a shot, you can change the colour of a shadow or highlight, I used this tool in my editing to add warmth to some shots so they matched up with the tone in the rest of the video. As you can see in the shot below, some of my outside shots appeared to be slightly grey and dark, therefore using the three-way colour corrector tool allowed me to cancel out the greyness and match up the warmth to the rest of the video, this is another effect I used to adjust the videos lighting.
 

 
The tool is very easy to use and consists of three different wheels that can be adjusted to your requirements to change the colours of different areas of a shot, you can easily adjust the shadow and highlight of a clip. On this particular shot I used the hightlight wheel to add an orange tone so that the warmth of the shot improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment